Warning: These cookies are highly addictive.

While shopping for some quick dinner ingredients Wednesday afternoon, I happened to find a display for Heath Bits on sale. I've never eaten the chocolate bar before, but for some reason, I really wanted to try it. So I grabbed it quickly before I could change my mind hurried my shopping thinking of what to do with the chocolate and toffee bits. When I got home, I checked out the recipes on the back of the bag for some ideas for baking, but when I saw the recipe for the cookies, I couldn't go on any further! I wanted to make them soon after dinner, but the husband told me to be patient, he has a Physical Training test Friday morning. I did however make them first thing the next morning...he wasn't here and those bits were all "try me....try me NOW!"
The cookies tasted out of this world good. I mean, really, how can you go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate and toffee? The soft chewy cookie along with the slight crunch of the toffee was divine.
If you don't have these Heath Bits in your area and you live in Europe please let me know via e-mail (my e-mail is under contact me). I'll send a package to the first 5 folk who asks...I need to make it to the post office anyway. But really this can be made with any toffee chocolate bar, just crush it into small pieces.
So no excuses not to try this people!
Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies
From the back of the bag ;-)
Printable Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 T milk
1 T pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1 1/3 cup Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
Directions
Heat oven to 375°F.
Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.

While shopping for some quick dinner ingredients Wednesday afternoon, I happened to find a display for Heath Bits on sale. I've never eaten the chocolate bar before, but for some reason, I really wanted to try it. So I grabbed it quickly before I could change my mind hurried my shopping thinking of what to do with the chocolate and toffee bits. When I got home, I checked out the recipes on the back of the bag for some ideas for baking, but when I saw the recipe for the cookies, I couldn't go on any further! I wanted to make them soon after dinner, but the husband told me to be patient, he has a Physical Training test Friday morning. I did however make them first thing the next morning...he wasn't here and those bits were all "try me....try me NOW!"
The cookies tasted out of this world good. I mean, really, how can you go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate and toffee? The soft chewy cookie along with the slight crunch of the toffee was divine.
If you don't have these Heath Bits in your area and you live in Europe please let me know via e-mail (my e-mail is under contact me). I'll send a package to the first 5 folk who asks...I need to make it to the post office anyway. But really this can be made with any toffee chocolate bar, just crush it into small pieces.
So no excuses not to try this people!
Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies
From the back of the bag ;-)
Printable Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
3 T milk
1 T pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1 1/3 cup Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
Directions
Heat oven to 375°F.
Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.
I love love LOVE the toffee bits! I made some cookies using those and they were a huge hit. I wish they sold them over here. These look awesome. If I ever get another bag I will make these for sure!
ReplyDeleteI passed my fitness test...hope there's a least one left at the house!
ReplyDeleteoops
ReplyDeleteEvery time I buy a package of those bits, they disappear so quickly! I think I need to run to the store though, because these cookies sound amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThat looks lovely. I love health :D
ReplyDeleteYou have been a busy mom. Love this toffee combo, yummy and sticky no doubt!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet that you're willing to send toffee bits out to your readers :) I LOVE toffee bars YUM! My favorite! I'm sure these cookies were to die for!
ReplyDeleteSommer, I absolutely adore the new look for the blog! It's is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThe cookies look fantastic and with that combo of ingredients they would be gone in a flash in our home :o) Definitely need to bookmark them!
Absolutely delicious! The last post with strawberry cornmeal muffins looks yummy also. You should open up a little bakery my friend! You would do really well. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
Ut oh Sommer- did you forget to leave some for that husband of yours? [his comment, and yours- cracked me up].
ReplyDeleteThese look delectable! I'll have to send this recipe to my sis in Berlin. Because if I know my nephews at all- they'll just gobble these up!
Oh man!! Now I know exactly what to do with the bag of Heath bits that I have in my freezer!! YUMMY!
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna make these asap! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely a great back of the bag recipe! Looks like the perfect sweet treat for a cookie craving :)
ReplyDeleteSo delicious, Sommer! I will have to look for Heath Bits the next time I'm at the store. I can only imagine how scrumptious these are with three of my favorite flavors in one. :-)
ReplyDeleteYum, these peanut butter cookies sound tops! Those Heath bits would really take them to the next level. I have a sweet treat linky party called "Sweets for a Saturday" going on at my blog this weekend and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html
ReplyDeleteOh wow, even the dough looks dangerous :) I bet these are amazing what a great flavors!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend :)
Whoa these photos and the cookies look amazing. I want to reach right in and pop one in my mouth. You are so thin and make all these yummy treats. Not sure how you do it. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds and it looks fantastic! Love your photos!!
ReplyDelete@Tami the children ate them all ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone! They're quite dangerous ;)
Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll enjoy looking at all the other sweet treats. Don't forget to come back again on Monday for a chance to enter my very special giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE HEALTH BAR! These sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteWhat, you made cookies and didn't call me over! I love those heath bits. I have a recipe I will have to find I think you'd like with them. They are rolled in sugar.
ReplyDeleteHope you and your loves have A Happy Valentines Day!
Even though I'm not in Europe, can I get the bit? He He
-Gina-
Heath Bars are pretty awesome on their own! You gotta say that if they're going in cookies, your cookies will be amazing too. Looks good!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was little my dad had a restaurant in Tiburon, CA, right on the water. The waiters totally spoiled me, but if I didn't eat my dinner, I didn't get the Heath Bar Sundae. So I always ate my dinner!
ReplyDeleteLOL... when I clicked on the title of the post I misread "Health" bits and thought "oh, perfect! health and peanut better!!" Heath is even better though.... love it!
OOoo, these LOOK highly addictive! Yum, I love heath bars!
ReplyDeleteOMG, you're killing me! The photography is already divine, and then you start talking about peanut butter and toffee and chocolate! Yikes!
ReplyDelete~Amanda
Sommer, One of these days I'm going to come visit you and you are going to give me baking lessons. I'm not a fan of toffee but I have to say that because of how yummy they look in your photos I would try them. Just looking at them is addictive, couldn't imagine resisting them having them in front of me.
ReplyDeleteDELICIOUS! The Family and I made these cookies today using your recipe. The first batch was a little burnt thanks to the kids side-tracking us with their version of American Idol, but the next two batches were incredible. I will remember to take some pictures next time and post them.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hello there.... I'm so sorry for missing so many of your posts.. my mother is sick, so I've been so pre occupied with that and school, work, .... also I started my own site, website.. wanted something a little bit more professional, and wanted to give you the new site address = )
ReplyDeleteIt may take me sometime to finish it completely, so bare with me while I'm posting and tweaking... = ) I thought, why not just brand myself...
the new site is ellemarie.jp, hope you'll bookmark it and come visit me.
Happy Valentine's Day! I have to try these delicious cookies soon my friend! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
I thought "Heath" said "health" at first, LOL! I need to stop skimming and pay attention.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I've (attempted) to make so many of your yummy dishes, that my hubby often says "so what does your cook site have on their this week?" He was my helper with the ricotta and loves the way you post pictures of the steps along with the recipe.
I was reading this recipe and he looked over my shoulder and said "You ARE making this one, right?" I replied "sure thing hon!" :)
These cookies look to die for! I do not have healthy bits in my area, are they available online somewhere?
ReplyDeleteI just re-read the post, so they are called heath bits. hmmm. I'm off to google them now.
ReplyDeleteoh i love me some pb cookies. were my fave growing up but i never make them and def. can't find them anywhere ready to eat! did his toes curl on this one, too!! nice to have found you via DuoDishes...
ReplyDeleteWell these are calling my name! I have heath bits at home right now.... and I love a good peanut butter cookie so add heath bits and I'm sold!
ReplyDeleteThese look so good, I'll give them a try!
ReplyDeleteThose cookies look delicious and your photos are stunning! Great blog.
ReplyDeleteHi Sommer! I love your blog! YUMMY! I wish I could say I would make these delicious looking/sounding cookies (too lazy), but I just WANT some!! Beautiful family, pics, and blog! Glad to have found you! You're welcome to stop by http://hercuprunsover.blogspot.com when you have time! Love to have you follow as well!
ReplyDelete